Check out the latest and greatest from Smurfit Kappa
What Is Bag-in-Box® Packaging?
The Bag-in-Box® is a single-use packaging system, perfectly designed to keep food or industrial liquids or semi-liquids fresh for several months before opening, and for several weeks after opening. It features a wide range of different formats (from 1.5l to 1000l), allowing you to extend the shelf-life of your food products by several weeks after opening.
Features of Bag-In-Box Design:
- Protects the product from air and light (high oxygen barrier film) maintaining organoleptic properties
- Minimal air entry during filling and pouring
- Glass-by-glass portions in optimal hygiene conditions
- Easy connection in different distribution and foodservice circuits
- Perfectly suited to aseptic technology and its constraints
- Reduce weight of packaging and waste
- Low carbon footprint
- Significantly reduce plastic at source
- Easy to separate the bag and the box
- 100% recyclable box – existing recycling sector
- Reduction in transport costs
- Supply chain optimization
What Markets Can Benefit From Bag-in-Box® Packaging?
With the Bag-in-Box® packaging, we have the ideal solution to protect your products in industries such as:
Food Industry Products
- Dairy products
- Edible oils
- Olive oil
- Liquid eggs
- Tomatoes and tomato products
- Fruit purees
- Fruit juice
Beauty Products and Pharmaceuticals
- Liquid soap
- Laboratory analysis products
- Industrial Products
- Detergents and cleaning products
- Agrochemical products
- Motor oil
- Laundry detergent
Why Choose Bag-in-Box® Packaging For Your Business?
Smurfit Kappa North America is proud to be among the few providers of a complete Bag-in-Box® packaging system. With everything from films and accessories to bags, taps and boxes, right up to complete filling lines, this system gives clients the advantage of full expertise throughout the process of packaging liquids in Bag-in-Box®.
We strive for performance and cost optimization, and focus our research and development efforts in order to:
- Develop Bag-in-Box® systems
- Anticipate market changes
- Allow you to benefit from the latest technological advances
Our Bag-in-Box® plants benefit from a constant investment program, and are equipped with the most efficient machines and ultra-modern, automated production lines. In an ultra-clean environment, we must also provide a product which is perfectly compatible with contact with food. Food safety is our greatest priority; our plants and our employees follow the strictest hygiene and cleanliness rules. Our products have to undergo numerous organoleptic, mechanical, migration and permeation tests, either internally or with recognized external laboratories.