Hexacomb Packaging - paper based and light-weight
Hexacomb packaging is a paper-based material that offers a unique combination of superior strength and light weight. Due to its outstanding ability to cushion and absorb shock, Hexacomb allows products to transport safely and minimizes product damage and returns. Hexacomb offers the ability to create custom die-cut structures to protect irregular-shaped components, making it ideal for a wide variety of industrial applications such as automotive, furniture, and industrial parts.
Hexacomb customized designs enable packaging optimization by using the least amount of material to obtain the required level of protection, and its inherent strength reduces packaging weight without compromising integrity and performance. The combination of Hexacomb and corrugated provides a high resistance full paper-based packaging solution sourced from one supplier to our customers.
Hexacomb is an environmentally-responsible alternative to foam and expanded polystyrene materials because it is made primarily from kraft paper, a renewable forest resource.
- Lightweight and strong, providing superior compression strength
- Good shock resistance and cushioning performance
- Easily die cut, assembled, or otherwise fabricated to the shape of the object
- Highly durable and reusable
- Available in a wide range of formats like simple panels, die cut boards, edge and corner protectors, cradles and wedges
- 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
- Custom designs optimize the volume of packaging material required for protection. This reduces waste and handling of excess packaging
- Reduces product damage and freight claims through improved protection of the goods
- Lower packaging weight in transit reduces freight costs and improves carbon footprint
- Faster to packing and loading due to ease of handling
- Ideal replacement for expanded polystyrene (EPS) that does not crumble or shed and is fully recyclable
- Unlike wood products, Hexacomb packaging does not require export certification, making it a hassle-free, worry-free shipping solution when exporting
- Other consumer goods
- Other industrial goods